Authorized by Solid State Logic, SSL EV2 is a brand-new recreation of the legendary SSL 4000E console channel strip. With new features including the original SSL ‘O2’ Brown EQ and the console’s richly saturated mic pre and line inputs, SSL EV2 delivers a new level of analog depth and detail – an elevated take on the timeless SSL sound.
Recreated from the ground up using Waves’ new Precision Analog Component® technology, SSL EV2 has been modeled component-by-component from a meticulously maintained reference console selected by Solid State Logic.
Alongside the classic dynamics and EQ controls, SSL EV2 introduces versatile new features. You can now switch between two iconic SSL EQ flavors: the Black Knob (242), delivering the SSL’s famous clean punch; and the original Brown Knob (O2) – the first EQ developed for SSL E-Series consoles – providing a crunchy, gritty sound rich with character.
The newly modeled Line and Mic preamp input section gives you rich harmonic distortion options, from gentle saturation to aggressive drive. You can engage THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) with the Analog switch – a key element in recreating the saturated analog console sound – or you can turn Analog off for a clean input.
The Dynamics section includes a soft-knee compressor/limiter and a gate/expander. You can place it before or after the EQ in your chain for more creativity and precision. As in the original hardware, makeup gain is applied automatically.
SSL EV2 comes loaded with over 600 presets – including hundreds of presets by Grammy®-winning producers and mix engineers: Jacquire King, Stuart White, Joe Barresi, Lu Diaz, Dave Pensado, Rich Costey, Jack Joseph Puig, and many more.
From George Martin to Dr. Dre, David Bowie to Kendrick Lamar, the SSL sound is a cornerstone of the music industry. The SSL EV2 Channel brings you that legendary sound, elevated.
- Brand new modeling of the classic SSL 4000E console channel strip
- Authorized by Solid State Logic
- New level of analog depth, richness and detail
- New: Switch between the iconic Brown (O2) and Black (242) knobs
- New mic pre/line section for rich harmonic saturation
- Place Dynamics before or after EQ for more creativity and control
- 600+ presets by Grammy®-winning producers and mixers: Jacquire King, Stuart White, Joe Barresi, Dave Pensado, Lu Diaz, many more
Featuring 64-bit support, faster scanning, faster loading, and faster processing - open up new dimensions of high performance plugin power.
- 64-bit support
- No iLok required
- Easy activation to computer or USB flash drive
- Move and manage your licenses via USB flash drive or License Cloud
- One-click license recovery for lost or damaged devices
- New plugins added to premium bundles
For full compatibility with your DAW and Computer system please visit: Waves System Requirements
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.