A beautiful Ludwig Classic Maple drum kit
The result is a selection of familiar, authentic vintage sounds suitable for rock, pop, blues and more.
Our engineers used world renowned drum recording techniques including ORTF, Glyn Johns, and Blumlein. Direct microphones were expertly placed on all kit pieces to ensure the pack has a wide range of mixing possibilities and can deliver authentic drum sounds from vintage to modern.
For the ORTF technique, 2 AKG C451B mics were used. This gave a wide stereo image with excellent mono detail that is perfect for jazz tracks.
A technique that has been used on countless rock records, the spaced pair setup featured 2 AKG C414 XLS large diaphragm condensers, which created a wide stereo image exhibiting a huge palette of sonic colours.
The Blumlein technique used 2 ribbon microphones configured to give an excellent stereo image and a smooth sounding ambience.
For the Glyn Johns technique, 2 Neumann TLM103’s were used for overheads, which when combined with the snare and kick direct channels provide that classic sound.
- An immensely detailed Ludwig Maple kit for BFD3.
- 29 microphone channels!
- Real drum bleed and drum resonance between the shells.
- 5 vintage recording techniques with infinite mixing possibilities.
- Each kit piece played with sticks and presented in a natural version.
- A selection of presets to inspire and get you up and running quickly.