The Focusrite Pro RedNet HD32R is a 1U, 19" rack-mount Dante interface that allows Pro Tools|HD users direct access to the full benefits of the Dante digital audio networking system, including its uniquely flexible network topology and premium quality audio interfaces. The Pro Tools system is connected to the HD32R via standard Mini DigiLink ports.
PSU and Ethernet Redundancy
Dual Ethernet ports with locking etherCON connectors are provided, with several operating modes including daisy-chaining and redundancy confirmed by front-panel indicators. Two separate power supplies with fault detection capability are included, with separate power input sockets (with retaining clips) on the rear of the unit. Power state is indicated both remotely and on the front panel. The RedNet HD32R features a rugged, roadworthy exterior and high internal build quality. In addition, it offers a compact 1U rack-mount form factor for a full 32 channels of I/O.
Why Dante and RedNet for Pro Tools|HD?
Focusrite’s RedNet was the first to offer IP networked audio interfaces for recording studio, education, live sound and broadcast workflows, combining superb audio interfaces with the tried and tested reliability of the Dante Ethernet-based audio networking system from Audinate. Dante has been in use in the live sound industry for years in the most exacting applications without missing a single sample.
Dante networking offers a powerful combination of features that make it ideal for any Pro Tools|HD production environment. Focusrite’s superb DC-coupled mic preamplifiers and precision digital conversion ensure the very highest audio quality I/O, while Dante’s Ethernet-based audio networking technology makes the need for complex, bulky and expensive analog multiway cables a thing of the past. Connected to Pro Tools|HD with RedNet HD32R, audio interfaces can be conveniently located anywhere an Ethernet port is available.
HD32R acts as a 64-channel (32 in/32 out) digital break in/out box, operating in the same way as a standard interface, and supporting a wide range of Pro Tools|HDX and HD cards. Supported Pro Tools systems include Pro Tools|HDX, Pro Tools|HD Native, Pro Tools|HD Native Thunderbolt, and Pro Tools|HD TDM. Up to six HD32R modules can be used with a Pro Tools|HDX system and three with Pro Tools|HD, allowing the maximum channel count for either. Simply connect the HD32R to Pro Tools|HD with standard Mini DigiLink connectors.
HD32R allows the use of the low latency performance of Pro Tools|HD cards in place of a RedNet PCIe card, bringing the full benefits of Dante audio-over IP networking and the RedNet product range to a Pro Tools|HD system. The entire range of Dante-compatible products including the superb RedNet analog and digital interfaces can then be used with a Pro Tools|HD system, all connected via Ethernet cable.
From complex multi-room systems to single installations Dante and RedNet offer the ability to create a sophisticated and comprehensive high-quality audio production environment around a standard Ethernet network, with HD32R providing the bridge to any Pro Tools|HD system. Assign any available Dante source or destination via HD32R and it appears in Pro Tools exactly as it would with any other Pro Tools-compatible interface, maintaining traditional Pro Tools workflows.
Focusrite Pro RedNet HD32R Features:
- Allows Dante Ethernet-based audio networking products to interoperate fully with Pro Tools|HD & Pro Tools|HDX
- Ethernet and power supply redundancy with auto switchover in case of failure and locking connectors
- Provides the vital link to create an extensive high-quality audio network based on standard Cat 5e or Cat 6 wiring, bringing the latest advances in digital audio networking to Pro Tools|HD
- Cost-effectively increase audio I/O quality and flexibility with RedNet interfaces
- Permits multiple workstations to access the same interface hardware and I/O
- No changes to Pro Tools workflow required – simple, logical assignment of RedNet I/O to Pro Tools|HD inputs and outputs
- Up to 32 I/O with Pro Tools|HD over single DigiLink connection per RedNet HD32R
- Additional Avid/Digidesign interfaces may be connected to expansion ports
- Upgrade to RedNet interfaces while remaining fully compatible with TDM or AAX-DSP-based plugins and saved sessions
Focusrite Pro RedNet HD32R Specifications:
- Connectors (Rear panel):
- 2x etherCON locking Ethernet connectors – also compatible with standard RJ45 connectors
- 2x BNC Word Clock In and Out
- 2x BNC Loop Sync I/O Primary and Expansion Mini DigiLink connectors to/from Pro Tools|HD system
- 2x IEC power connector: 100–240Vac, 50/60 Hz, cord retaining clips included
- Controls (front panel): Power on/off
- Indicators (front panel):
- Green LED power indicator
- Network Status: Primary/Secondary/Locked
- PSU: A/B
- Sample Rate: 44.1/48kHz, x2, x4, Pull
- Signal Presence: From/to DAW, LED per 4 channels
- Clock Source: Internal, Loop Sync, Word Clock, DAW Master
- Supported Systems (Requires Pro Tools|HD 8.0 and up):
- Pro Tools|HD PCIe
- Pro Tools|HDX
- Pro Tools|HD Native PCIe
- Pro Tools|HD Native Thunderbolt
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.