The Metric Halo LIO-8/4p 3d is a 24-bit / 192 kHz USB Type-C audio interface offering four mic preamps, eight line-level inputs, multichannel digital I/O, DSP-powered mixing, and software control for musicians, engineers, and producers in studios and mobile setups. Its integrated dual-core DSP powers a variety of plug-ins—the included DSP+ license unlocks over 100 of them—without burdening your computer's CPU. Robust software ensures easy access to multitrack recording, mixing, monitoring, and more.
The Metric Halo LIO-8/4p 3d's high-resolution converters can be fed via eight sources selected from four mic inputs, eight line inputs, and two 1/4" Hi-Z DI inputs. All eight inputs feature informative metering and front-panel gain controls. Analog outputs include eight line outs via DB25 and a 1/4" headphone jack, which can be affected by the front-panel volume, mute, and dim functions. The Metric Halo LIO-8/4p 3d also mirrors its line inputs to eight insert sends for efficient splitting to a mixing console or summing bus.
Properly synchronize with other equipment through the BNC word clock jacks and 1/4" SMPTE I/O. The 5-pin DIN connectors allow hookup to a MIDI control surface. Consolidate audio, clock, and data I/O with other 3d-equipped Metric Halo interfaces via the RJ45 MH Link ports. The LIO-8/4p 3d connects to a compatible Mac, Windows, iOS, or Linux device via the supplied USB Type-A to USB Type-C cable. Power it with the included power supply or via a 4-pin XLR power system (available separately).
Each LIO-8 3d integrates:
- Mastering grade A/D Conversion (8 channels)
- Mastering grade D/A Conversion with analog domain monitor control (8 channels)
- Mastering grade headphone output with dedicated D/A Conversion
- Exceptional ultra-high impedance Guitar/Bass DI inputs (2 channels; shared with Analog 1+2)
- AES I/O (8 Channels)
- All I/O supports 192k
- SMPTE LTC I/O
- MIDI I/O
- 128 Channel x 64 bus mixer (up to 192k)
- Instantiable DSP processing with over 100 plugins
- Integrated analog domain surround-capable Monitor Controller
- Incredibly accurate DPLL clock with ultra-low jitter
- Seamless hardware multi-unit unification over MHLink (mixer, routing and transport)
- MH EdgeBus Card slot with support for AES/SPDIF/MADI/ADAT/TOSLINK/MIDI (depending on card)
- Internal slots for optional MH ULN-R preamps (in 4 channel blocks)
- SMUX support for ADAT and MADI
- IR Remote Control support
- Front panel metering and control with dedicated gain knobs
- Bullet-proof recording with the integrated Record Panel
- MIO Console 3d
- MHLink Ethernet connectivity
- USB-C connectivity
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.