Reason 11 Upgrade from Reason Intro/Lite
This is a discounted upgrade for Reason 11 Intro/Lite and Essentials/Adapted/Limited owners. Get your download today! Upgrade to the full Reason experience!
Reason 11 - Make music the way you want
Reason is a powerful collection of virtual instruments, effects and production tools where musical ideas and amazing sounds comes to life. Use it as a plugin with your favorite DAW or produce music in Reason standalone.
New in Reason 11
Make music your way - plugged in or standalone
Reason’s rack of legendary synths, instruments and effects can now be used in your favorite DAW with the Reason Rack Plugin. Reason 11 includes both the plugin version and the standalone Reason music production software.
New effect devices
- Quartet Chorus Ensemble: four flavors of chorus and ensemble effects. From classical vintage chorus to the unique sound of granular ensemble.
- Sweeper Modulation Effect: multi-talented phaser, flanger and filter unit with dynamic modulation options.
Mixing console modules are now available as rack devices
- Master Bus Compressor: Reason’s ready-for-radio compressor can now be applied anywhere in the rack.
- Channel Dynamics: put the compression, expander and gate from Reason’s console anywhere in your signal chain
- Channel EQ: the legendary EQ unit featured in countless platinum recordings is now its own rack device.
A number of improvements to Reason’s creative flow will will let you work faster and smoother than ever:
- Curved automation - smooth curves for smooth mixes
- Audio clip crossfades - adjacent clips can now crossfade into each other
- Improved and individual vertical zoom - expanded and per-track zoom level in the sequencer
- Mute MIDI notes - try out variations by muting and unmuting separate notes
- New pen tool to draw multiple notes - a real time saver for drum programming
- Show played and selected notes in key edit
- Additional workflow enhancements: absolute snap, draw automation point at same level, shortcut for moving notes an octave
Virtual studio rack
At the heart of Reason is a virtual rack where you craft the sounds your music needs, from scratch or from Reason’s huge library of sounds. Synthesizers, instruments and effects–as many as you need. Reason covers every need from the synthetic and electronic to acoustic and organic.
As you build your rack, everything is automatically connected and routed for you. If you want to dive deeper, turn Reason’s rack around and you’ll find yourself in modular heaven! Experiment and play around until you find the sound you are after by routing audio and control voltage freely between devices in the rack. Your imagination is the only limitation to what you can build.
With a multi-gigabyte supply of synth sounds, sampled instruments, drum kits, loops and effects, Reason's built-in sound bank comes packed with everything you need to make any style of music. The integrated browser helps you quickly find and try thousands of sounds across a huge sound library.
Reason as a plugin
Using the Reason Rack Plugin you can make music with all of Reason’s beloved instruments, effects and sounds in your DAW. Used like this, Reason is a super-sized expansion to your studio setup with its synthesizers, drum machines, samplers, MIDI effects, sampled instruments and creative effects.
The instruments and effects can be used just like in Reason. Stack them, combine them, add Reason’s Player MIDI FX units. When you want more options, Reason Rack Plugin can also be expanded with exclusive Rack Extension plugins. Create the studio rack of your dreams!
The Reason Rack Plugin is included with Reason.
Reason for music production
When used standalone, Reason is a powerful virtual studio for fast and creative music production.
Capture your musical ideas in Reason’s powerful sequencer. Record and edit audio, MIDI or automation with powerful recording and editing tools. Always in sync with your flow, forever adapting to you and your working methods, Reason's sequencer simply gets you there faster.
Reason has a unique take on tempo, key and pitch. Record first and decide on tempo later with Reason’s always-on, real-time and project-wide time stretch. Want to try a new key? Transpose your audio and retain the tempo. Fine tune your vocal performances to perfection with Pitch Edit. Or rework, resample or reshape your recordings into something completely new.
When finalizing your song, Reason's mixer gives your tracks that big studio sound right out of your computer. The Mixer is faithfully modeled after the legendary SSL 9000k* analog mixing desk, with flexible routing, full dynamics, EQ, full automation, groups and parallel channels, and its famous master-bus compression.
Extending your rack
When you're looking for even more creative options, plugins come to the rescue. You can expand your virtual rack with new, inspiring instruments and effects created by developers around the world—from modern effects to vintage instruments. Rack Extension plugins are full rack citizens, giving you a fully integrated experience. Or use industry standard VST plugins right in your Reason rack.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.