What's new in V8?
Add an Audio File to Your Scores
- Play along with your score with an audio file such as a song or a backing track.
- Relative tempo and detune mode are also compatible with the audio track.
- Synchronize your audio file with your score to transcribe songs easily.
- Insert an audio file containing a recording of your teaching instructions for your music students or your band members.
- Quickly amplify or attenuate the selected track to create a volume contrast with the other tracks.
Work on Your Rhythm with The Visual Metronome
Play with the new visual metronome and countdown displayed over the LCD screen.
Fix the Tempo
Ignore tempo changes and automation in the score to easily learn new songs and riffs.
Change the Relative Speed
Press +/- keys to speed up or slow down the relative speed or fixed tempo of your song during the playback.
Lock the Sound of The Line-In
You can now lock your preset using the line-in to keep the same sound while changing tracks or even when you close a file.
Adjust the Sound Precisely
Customize the duration, the offset, and the relative velocity of each note of your score.
Mix the Drum Set
Adjust the sound of the drum set and percussion tracks by setting the volume and pan of each element.
Pre-Listen to The Soundbanks While Playing Your Tabs
Mouse over the sound presets to get an audio preview while your score is playing.
New Design Options
- Move and adjust the placement of each beat.
- Align the bars easily with the automatic guideline.
New Stylesheet Options
- Set the spacing of the chords diagram in the score header, the systems, the staff, and the scale diagrams.
- Customize the font of the music symbols.
- Edit the font and text of numerous score indications like palm muting, slap, pop, rasgueado, pick scrape, and more.
- Edit and insert scale diagrams in your scores for guitars from 3 to 10 strings and up to 24 frets.
- Customize the diagrams by changing the shape, color, and text of the dots representing the notes, and change the orientation of the diagram on your scores.
You can now create tuplets inside tuplets to create complex rhythmic patterns.
Edit piano fingering and indicate sustain piano pedal.
Increase Your Productivity
- The command palette is like shortcuts on steroids!
- Get quick and direct access to Guitar Pro's notation options to edit your scores and boost your productivity massively.
Dozens of Commands Available
- Select and easily add chords and directions to your score with the "Expression Text" tool.
- Quickly go through Guitar Pro's main features in the "Action List" and use them to edit your scores.
Apply 3 filters on the mySongBook song list to sort out the scores by genres, instruments/levels, and types.
- Learn songs with our enhanced tab library.
- Enjoy audio tracks directly in your mySongBook tabs to learn easily and play along with your files.
The contrast and colors of the interface have been adjusted to offer you better reading comfort.
Apple Silicon Optimization
Guitar Pro 8 benefits from an improved efficiency on Mac with Apple Silicon.
Customize Your Exports
- Choose the resolution of your PDF and PNG.
- Export your scores in PNG with transparent backgrounds.
Enjoy Quality Soundbanks
The accuracy and dynamics of the soundbanks have been corrected and improved.
Chords are now transposed with their names and fingerings.
Organize Your Files
To find the files you are working on more easily, pin them in the recent section of the homepage.
Edit Quarter Tones on Tremolo Bar
Show Slash Notation for Drums and Standard Music Notation
Show Cautionary Accidentals
Use Decimal Tempo
Overall Improved Performance
- MacOS 10.13 High Sierra and above
- Windows 8 and above (64-bit only)
- Includes 5 activations per license