The T-RackS Classic Compressor emulates that analog, hi-end vintage gear used in mastering applications. This will give you that big, warm sound typical of highly acclaimed hardware devices. This compressor has some unique features on top of standard compressor parameters that make it very flexible but always very musical and creative.
The Sidechain HPF control allows to filter the bass content of the track before it hits the detection circuit; this avoids bass heavy mix elements (like kick or bass) to modulate the compression giving the well known "pumping" effect (unless that's desired).
Also included is a Stereo Enhancement control which works on the stereo field’s width: it practically equals the M/S technique used in mastering applications, or on any stereo tracks; this is a very convenient and quick way to adjust the stereo field width, with a simple control to make it wider or narrow.
Conceived as a processor for mastering applications it is equally at home on any stereo source like keys, pianos, drums overheads and such.
Mac® (64 bit CPU, 32 or 64 bit Mac OS)
- Minimal: 1.5 GHz Intel processor, 1 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
- Supported Plug-in formats: Audio Units, VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).
- Note: on 64 bit systems, the plug-in also works in 32 bit compatibility mode.
Windows® (32 and 64 bit)
- Minimal: Intel® Pentium 4® 2.4 GHz or Intel® Core™ Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64,
- 1 GB of RAM, Windows® XP, Windows® Vista, Windows® 7 or Windows® 8.
- Supported Plug-in formats: VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).
You MUST be connected to the Internet as all of the Custom Shop operations are web based.