To determine eligiblity please visit: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/eligibilitycheck/index.php?a=hammondb3x&s=H...
Hammond B-3X is the next-level organ virtual instrument that delivers an unprecedented new degree of realism and detail to give musicians full immersion into the electro-mechanical Hammond organ experience with all its soul, passion and vibe. Created in close collaboration with both the Hammond Organ Company, of Chicago, Illinois, and Suzuki Musical Instruments Mfg. of Hamamatsu, Japan, the Hammond B-3X instrument captures the authentic sound and vibe of the legendary Hammond B-3, with a comprehensive, wholistic approach. The end result delivers the full sonic impact that this legendary organ has made on generations of musicians and modern music as we know it.
IK has combined this groundbreaking sound with a full rig FX chain including stomp effects, a full Leslie™ rotary cabinet with multiple microphones, a variety of mix-and-match power amp and cabinet models, a parallel guitar amp with 4x12 cabinet, a full mixer and even post-mixer effects, to completely recreate the entire signal path and character of these instruments, as used across the history of modern music.
It’s all about the details
In true IK style, Hammond B-3X approaches the instrument the way the original hardware organ works. B-3X starts with 91 free-running tonewheels, based on several meticulously-maintained Hammond organs, and mixes those in real-time based on the note and the drawbar levels for absolute realism.
IK’s industry-leading modeling then faithfully recreates tonal filtering, independent key click, and the iconic Hammond percussion and chorus-vibrato circuits to recreate the massive, organic feel of the real instrument. All the settings, controls and circuits were modeled to IK’s exacting standards and every detail checked and re-checked with the team at the Hammond Organ Company.
You can even simulate the effects of “aging” components, controlling tonal balance, generator leakage and crosstalk, and even the presence boost of the chorus circuit.
True tone and real feel
The controls of Hammond B-3X are designed to recreate the exact experience of playing a classic hardware B-3 organ, but with a bit of modern convenience. Every element, from the order of chorus/vibrato settings to the placement of the percussion switches, is exactly how it should be. The drawbars even update in real-time when you select the inverted drawbar settings keys, allowing you the ability to also save 24 custom drawbar settings per preset. For live use, a “Controls” view hides the keyboard and enlarges the drawbars and switches for less distraction while playing. And there’s even included MIDI assignments for modern Hammond digital organs, making it plug-and-play easy to perform with everything right at your fingertips.
Classic organ effects
The organ feeds a 5-unit pedalboard in the STOMPS section with overdrive, graphic EQ, stomp box-style chorus-vibrato, wah wah and spring reverb. Derived from IK’s award-winning AmpliTube and T-RackS software, these effects are carefully chosen and arranged to make it easy to recreate the widest range of iconic tonewheel organ sounds, and can be assigned
to MIDI control for on-stage use.
Real Leslie® sound
The signal is then sent to a CABS section with your choice of real Leslie amps and speakers that can be mixed and matched along with a parallel guitar amp and 4x12 cabinet. Using the technology derived from IK’s award-winning Leslie® Collection and amplifier modeling from AmpliTube 4, the Hammond B-3X’s cabinet section offers a truly massive range of sound-shaping options.
Add the finishing touches
Lastly, Hammond B-3X offers 3 rackmount studio effects derived from T-RackS to add a final, professional sheen to your tone.
IK’s Limiter 76 FET-based compressor offers an iconic, timeless sound, the EQ-81 adds classic console tone-shaping and warmth, and a digital reverb adds a pristine sense of space to your tone.
No other digital organ offers such a complete vision of the legendary Hammond organ from the initial sound generation all the way through the complete effects path with fine, detailed control all along the way. This combined with our authentic “Hammond” branding makes Hammond B-3X a truly next-level virtual instrument.
- The first official Hammond B-3 virtual instrument, designed in cooperation with Hammond Organ Company
- Advanced organ editing: tonewheel model selection, generator leakage, key click, tonal balance, percussion and chorus
- 24 custom drawbar settings available within each preset
- Official Leslie speaker with 7 amps and 5 cabinets to mix and match
- Parallel guitar amp section with 2 amp models and 4x12 cabinet
- 5-effect stompbox pedalboard for ultra-flexible tonal shaping
- 3-effect studio post FX section for final polish and mastering
- Zoomed-in controls view for live or session use
- MIDI program change preset assignments
- Assignable MIDI continuous controllers for use with external controllers
- Works as a multi-platform plug-in and as a standalone application
- Supported plug-in formats: AAX, VST 3, and Audio Units
Standalone and 64-bit plug-in. Requires a 64 bit CPU and Operating System.
- Minimal: Intel¨ Coreª 2 Duo (Intel Core i5 suggested), 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), 700MB of available hard-disk space, macOS 10.10 or later. USB port (3.0 suggested). Requires an OpenGL 2 compatible graphics adapter.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
- Minimal: Intel¨ Coreª 2 Duo or AMD Athlonª 64 X2 (Intel Core i5 suggested), 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), 700MB of available hard-disk space, Windows® 7 or later. USB port (3.0 suggested). Requires an ASIO compatible sound card. Requires an OpenGL 2 compatible graphics adapter.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): VST 2, VST 3, AAX.