MODO DRUM is IK's first physical modeling drum virtual instrument. Using a powerful combination of modal synthesis and advanced sampling, MODO DRUM gives you the most deeply customizable virtual drum kits ever.
Like our award-winning MODO BASS software, MODO DRUM delivers incredibly realistic and authentic tracks for your music, with a level of control over every detail you’ve never imagined before. Create the drum tracks of your dreams with access to every parameter of every drum in your kit, from size and tension, to material and play style, and so much more.
MODO DRUM’s innovative modal synthesis technology shatters the limitations of traditional drum sample libraries, for a new standard in realistic, natural and customizable drum tracks.
- Groundbreaking real-time modal synthesis technology
- 10 iconic drum kits cover every style and genre of music
- Adjust every element of the sound on the fly
- Control the entire act of playing drums – kit, play style, sticks, room and FX
- Integrated Grooves manager with over 1400 grooves in many different styles
Real Time Sound Synthesis
Unlike traditional sample-based virtual instruments, MODO DRUM utilizes IK’s award-winning modal synthesis technology and an ultra-optimized sound engine to bring your drums to life.
Each drum’s acoustic behavior is determined by its physical parameters: dimensions, materials, skin, and more, as well by modeling the play style, the interaction of the drum head with the body, the sympathetic vibration of the drums with each other and the acoustic interaction with the room.
10 drum kits, infinite possibilities
Enter the show room and choose one of 10 drum kits to use as your starting point. From Black Oyster, to Extreme, Grungy, Plexi, and more, each kit has been chosen to represent a particular style, genre or time period, and to give you the widest range of possible timbres and tones.
Revolutionary new drum modeling engine
- Breakthrough physical modeling drum synthesis
- Incredible real-time control & amazing realism
- Loads faster and takes up less hard drive space
- Cutting-edge cymbal sample engine
Unique drum element controls
- Adjust both diameter and height of every drum
- Change shell profile on the fly
- Tune control to fit perfectly in the mix
- Damp control to sculpt the feel of a groove
Unique snare/kick controls
- Change snare size and tension
- Change kick beater type
- Change kick technique (heel up / heel down)
- Control sympathetic snare and tom resonance
Unique drum player technique controls
- Selectable hitting position
- Swap stick and head types
- Infinite velocity layers for more human feel
- Infinite round-robins for unmatched realism
Professional-sounding drum tracks every time
- 10 fully customizable drum kits
- 1400+ MIDI patterns
- 8 unique convolution-based room reverbs
- Massive suite of 19 studio processors and effects
Advanced drum software application
- Resizable GUI for perfect workflow on any display
- Smart Filters to find the right groove for your tracks
- Drag and drop grooves into your DAW for easy workflow
- Full mixer with effects derived from T-RackS & AmpliTube
- Standalone and 64-bit plug-in. Requires a 64 bit CPU and Operating System.
- Minimal: Intel® Core™ i5 with support for AVX instructions, 8GB of RAM (16 GB suggested), 20GB of available hard-disk space, macOS 10.9 or later. USB port (3.0 suggested).
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
- Minimal: Intel® Core™ i5 or equivalent with support for AVX instructions, 8GB of RAM (16 GB suggested), 20GB of available hard-disk space, Windows® 7, Windows® 8 or Windows® 10. ASIO compatible sound card. USB port (3.0 suggested).
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
Requires an OpenGL 2 compatible graphics adapter.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.