There are many rotary speaker emulations. There’s just one Leslie®.
IK Multimedia and Hammond USA and Suzuki Music Corp. of Japan, teamed up to bring you nothing but the best sounding Leslie of the entire digital world, giving you 5 legendary Leslie® amps and 6 cabinets in one powerful module, that you can now use inside T-RackS 5 mixing and mastering workstation to further shape the sound of your tracks.
The amps were recreated thanks to IK’s innovative Dynamic Interaction Modeling Technology, which can analyze and model the behavior of every electronic component in the circuit, as well as their mutual interactions, thus reproducing the exact behavior of the entire system in a non-linear and dynamic way.
AmpliTube Leslie® - The official Leslie® collection for AmpliTube
The cabinets, on the other hand, have been recreated using Volumetric Response Modeling, our breakthrough proprietary technology, that includes modeling of some parts and capturing the real audio behavior of each model by miking up the cabinets in a high-quality room to extract the essence of their original tone. Only this approach can offer digital Leslie models that are indistinguishable from the originals when placed in the same room and miked the same way. This happens because cabinets are very complex to reproduce in the digital realm due to the number of time-variant effects that happen within the sound simultaneously, during the rotation of the rotors.
You can think of these digital Leslie models as providing actual audio recordings of the real cabinets, they are much more than an emulation algorithm!
Tone in motion: the models
Leslie 122 - The classic of classics.
Suitable for pop, rock, jazz and blues, when you think of the "Leslie sound," you are most likely thinking of a 122. A vintage unit from the early 70s has been modeled here, and this has a slightly warmer sound when compared to the 122A.
The Leslie 122A is the modern take on the most famous Leslie model, with a balanced input to the amplifier and a medium-tall cabinet that provides superb bass response. This has a slightly more open and upfront tone when compared to the classic 122.
The Leslie 147 is another classic Leslie model with a different connector, slightly different power amp, an unbalanced input to the amplifier and slightly shorter cabinet. The overall sound is very similar to the classic 122 but with some noticeably and musically relevant differences. The one we modeled is a vintage unit from the mid 60s, with no reflectors on the horns, which gives another flavor to the sound and an even more tangible sonic difference from the classic 122.
The Leslie 3300w is one of the most powerful models ever, featuring a 300-Watt RMS solid-state amplifier with a real vacuum tube preamp. Its sound signature is especially suitable for pop, rock, jazz and blues.
Leslie G37 / Studio 12
Guitarists of all kinds praise the G37 for its unmistakable tonal character. The onboard solid-state guitar amplifier with its tube preamp section can go from pristine-clean to down-and-dirty, for a variety of tonal nuances that only Leslie speakers can provide through a compact dual-rotor cabinet with a vintage voiced V30 12” speaker suited to guitar.
The Studio 12, designed as a more portable amp for keyboard players, also uses a tube-driven solid state amplifier into a dual rotor design but has a 12” Eminence bass speaker tailored to the wider low frequency range of organs.
- Perfect digital recreation of the legendary Leslie® amps and cabinets approved and certified by Hammond USA and Suzuki Music Corp. of Japan
- 11 iconic Leslie officially certified models
- 5 Amps (Leslie 147, 122 vintage; Leslie 122A - brand new tube; Leslie 3300w new hybrid and Leslie G-37/Studio 12 brand new hybrid)
- 6 rotary-speaker cabinets (Leslie 147, 122, 122A; Leslie 3300w, Leslie G-37, Leslie Studio 12)
- Original circuit and component-level modeling of the amps via IK’s acclaimed Dynamic Interaction Modeling™ technology
- Rotary-speaker cabinets modeled using IK’s proprietary Volumetric Response Modeling™ technology
- Captures the true sound, soul and dynamic response of the real hardware
- 90° and 180° mic placement and variable distance setup for true studio sound and sophisticated tone shaping
- Different amp/cab combinations
- Painstakingly recreates the saturation and harmonic distortion of overdriven tubes and circuitry
- All cabinets work in stereo for both horns and drum
- Full parametric EQ for overall sound shaping
- Intuitive controls for easily customizable sound
- Mixer section for versatile microphone signal blending and tonal control
- Elegant animated interface
- Ideal for keyboard players, record producers, guitarists and even vocalists
- Perfect for any kind of production ranging from Jazz to Rock and Contemporary Pop
- Also available for AmpliTube
- Also available as Leslie Collection for both AmpliTube and T-RackS
- Works within the T-RackS CS Standalone application
- High-quality oversampling
- High-precision and high-transparency digital processors
- Accurately analog-modeled vintage classic devices
- Full-latency compensation support
- Supports sampling rates up to 192 kHz
- DSM™ and SCC™ proprietary IK technologies for extremely accurate digital models of analog hardware devices
- Native compatibility with 64-bit applications and operating systems
T-RackS 5 is a 64-bit application and requires a 64 bit CPU and Operating System.
- Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), macOS 10.9 or later.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
- Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), Windows® 7, Windows® 8 or Windows® 10. Requires an ASIO compatible sound card.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
NOTE: EQual processor requires an OpenGL 2 compatible graphics adapter.