Crossgrade for Current iZotope Owners
Upgrade now to get access to the newest, most powerful features in Neutron:
- New! Mix in the moment: Powered by machine learning, the Assistant View starts listening as soon as you play audio, producing a reference starting point and intelligent control center where you can personalize your results. This is your Track Assistant, but faster and more flexible.
- New! Match references in real time: Dynamically match the tone of your track to a sample or stem using the new Target Library with tone matching technology.
- New! Make space: The new Unmask Module in Neutron 4 discovers and fixes masking issues for you, enabling you to reach new levels of clarity.
- New! Distort responsibly. Or not: A slice of iZotope fan favorite Trash is now in Neutron 4. Distort and destroy sound with Trash Mode in the Exciter Module allowing you to discover new extremes.
- New! Punch it up. Make an impact using the new Punch Mode in the Compressor to control and visualize how hard your sounds hit.
Neutron 4 has M1 Apple silicon native compatibility and comes with additional plug-ins Visual Mixer and Relay to help your plug-ins talk to each other plus Tonal Balance Control 2 to view your levels as you mix.
With Neutron 4 you can sculpt sounds seamlessly while staying in your flow.
What’s new in iZotope’s Neutron 4?
Mix in the moment.
Neutron’s beloved AI powered audio Assistant is now modernized into the new Assistant View, your intelligent control center that produces fast, personalized results. Powered by machine learning, the Assistant View starts listening as soon as you play audio, producing a reference starting point and taking you to an intelligent control center where you can use the Intent Controls to make big sonic improvements. Dial in punch, distortion and width to taste before jumping into the Detail View to fine tune. This is your Mix Assistant, but even faster and more flexible.
Magically match references.
Match references in real time. Like magic. Dynamically match the tone of your track to a sample or stem using the new Target Library with tone matching technology. Communicate your intent to Neutron by loading stem references into your Target Library to enable the Assistant to match your drums, bass, guitar, vocal, or audio track to the sound you are going for. Borrow from our presets, or build your own with stems, sounds, and acapellas for every situation.
Neutron 4 discovers and fixes masking issues for you, enabling you to reach new levels of clarity. The new Unmask Module makes space between two competing tracks, balancing your bass and kick or allowing vocals to shine over your mix. Unmask from a track or bus in your DAW, then adjust levels to reach your optimal balance. It’s simple to set up and fixes muddy mixes in seconds.
Trash Mode (In Exciter Module)
Distort responsibly. Or not.
A slice of fan favorite Trash is now in Neutron 4. Distort and destroy sounds with Trash Mode allowing you to discover new extremes by blending between different textures. Curate character changes with the new Tone Slider to explore the boundaries of weird and wild. Distort responsibly with the Tame button to preserve dynamic expression as you destroy.
Punch Mode (in Compressor Module)
Punch it up.
Make an impact using the new Punch Mode to control and visualize how hard your sounds hit. Add more thump, punch or snap to breathe life into vocals, percussion, bass, and more. Choose from Punch Mode, Modern Mode or Vintage Mode to easily manipulate microdynamics.
Improved UI look and feel
Neutron 4 has a new look, designed to jumpstart your mixing process. With new panels featuring Intent Control you can jump right in to make both corrective and creative changes. Toggle between the Assistant View and to the Detail View to customize your workflow.
Sidechain metering in the Compressor Module
See your sound, scope your sidechain. The perfect sidechain? It’s now within reach. Visualize your dynamics with the new Oscilloscope View in Neutron’s Compressor. Use the Oscilloscope View after setting up your sidechain to see your sound as you dial in your perfect sound. You’ve heard compression. Now see it, too.
Neutron 4 is compatible with Apple silicon native (M1, M1 Pro, M1 Max) chips for faster processing.
- Mac: macOS Catalina (10.15.7) — macOS Monterey (12.3.x) *
- Windows: Windows 10 — Windows 11
*Supported on Intel Macs & Apple silicon Macs (Apple M1 chips) in Rosetta 2 and native.
- Plug in Formats: AAX, AU, VST3. All plug-in formats are 64-bit only.
- Note: VST2 is no longer supported.
Logic Pro, Ableton Live 10.1 — 11, Pro Tools 2021 — 2022, Cubase 11 — 12, FL Studio 20, Studio One 5, REAPER 6, Bitwig Studio 4, Adobe Audition CC, Premiere Pro CC, Nuendo 12, Reason 12, Digital Performer 11.