BUTE Loudness Analyser 2 is a smart, accurate and responsive loudness metering plugin designed as a helpful tool for mixing and mastering. It's packed with workflow driven features for studio, media, and broadcasting producers who want to optimise audio to loudness specifications of streaming and broadcasting platforms.
What does BUTE do?
Many producers are moving towards mixing and mastering within loudness specs set internally or by major streaming and broadcasting platforms for quality assurance. BUTE Loudness Analyser 2 provides accurate loudness metering data on a bute-iful graphical user interface and highlights areas that are non-compliant with a preset or user-input specification. This helps optimise the quality of mixes and masters, while avoiding potential distortions downstream..
Smart, synchronised workflow for broadcasting, post and games.
Loudness metering tools are ideal for balancing music, dialogue and sound effects whether in stereo or up to Atmos 7.1.2 surround sound. Long-form content is made much easier to deal with using our smart history overview. Get an overview of up to 10-hours of content and navigate to any section of a track with ease. BUTE’s custom alert system will clearly point out areas that go outwith a user specified range and any True Peak overshoots. A wide array of industry standard presets are included.
Mixing and Mastering with BUTE
BUTE plugins are compatible with VST, AU and AAX (including Audio Suite), so will synchronise harmoniously with almost any DAW. Our smart auto re-metering feature gives instantaneous feedback on how loudness will be affected by changes to the mix so there is no need to re-meter the whole mix. Readings for Absolute/Relative Scale, True Peak/LUFS and Max/Live modes are easy to toggle between from the main display.
Smart compact read-out view
When screen estate and CPU are at a premium, a compact read-out helps keep things optimised. BUTE is completely resizable and scalable. Even while in compact view, you can easily switch between display settings and obtain read-outs for up to 7.1.2 Atmos channel configurations, while saving screen estate for other programs.
Bring your music to all streaming platforms
All the tools in your hand to make your music sound optimal on Spotify, YouTube, TIDAL, Apple Check and more. We regularly update presets and include most platforms. User-defined presets for internal standards can also be created and saved
Mixing & Mastering
- Produce consistent masters
- Avoid 'level shifting' and clipping downstream
- Ensure accurate representation of your audio/music
- Measure and refine dynamic content
Post-production & Broadcasting
- Hit target levels easily with a wide range of implemented presets
- Ensure and prove compliance with regulation
- Balance dialogue, music and effects
- Manage live broadcasting & streaming levels accurately and efficiently
- Optimise dynamics for streaming content
- Balance sound effects and dialogue
- ASWG 5.1 and 7.1 Surround Sound support (Surround version)
Key Features of BUTE Loudness Analyser 2
- A smart loudness metering tool focused on pro-audio workflows
- Smart history overview for completely interactive browsing of up to 10-hours of loudness data at a glance
- Custom alert system flags up areas that need attention with violations (red) or warning (yellow) pointer on the history overview. User settings can be defined in the settings panel.
- Smart auto re-metering feature which syncs on load-up, and auto-detects and reflects any adjustments you make in the DAW on the graphical display
- Powerful compact read-out view which is completely resizable vertically and horizontally to optimise screen space while keeping readings visible
- Display settings to switch between True Peak/Metering, Relative/Absolute scale, or Max/Live modes
- Highly responsive and informative graphical interface
- Industry standard (IEC 60268-18) meter bar fallback for natural, analog feel
- Auto-detects DAW channel configuration with dropdown menu to select mono, stereo or surround configurations (Surround version)
- Wide array of built-in presets for the very latest loudness standards and recommendations
- Highest quality linear phase upsampling
- Clean and comprehensive read-outs for short-term & momentary loudness, True Peak, and traditional RMS
- Reloadable session data
- Save, Load and Export metering data
- Available in Stereo or Surround version. The Surround version expands support for multi-channel configurations up to Atmos 7.1.2
- Available for Windows 7 or higher and Mac OSx 10.9 Lion or higher
- Compatible with VST / VST3 / AU / AAX (including Audio Suite)
- Pro Tools 12.5 or higher for Audio Suite format
- Free future updates
BUTE is fully compliant with up-to-date presets for the following loudness specifications:
- ITU-R BS. 1770
- EBU R128
- ATSC A/85OP-59
- ARIB TR-B32
- Apple Check
- Sony Gaming (ASWG)
- AES Streaming Recommendation
- US Public Radio (PRSS)
- Save multiple user defined preset
- Operating System: Mac OSx 10.9 Lion or higher / Windows 7 or higher
- Formats: VST/ VST3/ AU/ AAX (including AudioSuite)
- Available in 2 versions - Stereo or Surround (includes up to 7.1.2 support).
- Architecture: 64-bit only
- Pro Tools 12.6 or higher (for the AAX version of the plugin)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.