FilterCult is a powerful, creative signal filtering and sound coloration tool. This multi-device effects processor is composed by a set of modeled analogue gears and digital devices, arranged inside a rack-mount cabinet and accessible through a simple and easy to use interface.
At its heart, FilterCult consists in an accurate simulation of the infamous and iconic transistor ladder analogue filter, meticulously preserving its original circuit topology, behaviour and quirks. Moreover, the addition of circuit-bending modifications and the possibility to use supplementary nonlinear electronic components sensibly expand its sound sculpting possibilities.
As a master effect or as a single channel insert processor, FilterCult is always the right choice in any music production scenario, producing from smooth and gentle analogue filtering up to extremely aggressive colorations of any audio material.
The Good, The Bad, The Nasty
Playing the leading role in FilterCult is the FLT-TL22 device, an accurate modeling simulation of a transistor ladder analogue filter. In order to make this analogue filtering unit well-suited for a wide range of use cases, a meticulous preservation of the original circuit design and physical properties was just the beginning.
A series of experimental circuit-bents and improvements have been added, including a device-level feedback path (with the possibility to delay the feedback signal), extra pre-filter and post-filter nonlinear components (using transistor-based or tube-based technologies), a poles selector (by connecting different nodes of the analogue circuit to the main device output), a high-pass path and much more.
Moreover, FilterCult rack hosts additional devices. The PRM-EM44 unit is an easy to use input signal router, output signal mixer.
Controlling the analogue filter cutoff and emphasis (resonance) parameters, the MOD-XG01 unit is a multi-source modulation device, integrating an envelope generator, a multi-waveform LFO with tempo-sync and a noise generator.
This extended features set makes FilterCult perfectly suited for use in channel strips or as a master effect processor, filtering the incoming audio with its gentle analogue touch, drive and presence. Or, by rising up the internal nonlinear components operation, feedback paths, self-oscillation and modulation amounts, FilterCult is capable of deep and wild signal alterations, bringing powerful electric-esque, bassline-ish colorations - specially on rhythmic, percussive material like drums.
FilterCult is a complete, extended replica of one of the most great sounding and versatile analogue filters available - with a very lightweight CPU footprint and a simple, intuitive interface.
- Accurate physical modeling simulation achieved by the adoption of the Advanced Component Simulation (ACS) approach
- Full 64-bit processing accuracy for every single aspect of the simulation
- An all-in-one complete setup : transistor ladder analogue filter + modulation unit + signal router
- Featuring FLT-TL22 Advanced Transistor Ladder Analogue Filter
- Accurate modeling of a transistor ladder analogue filter using the topology-preserving transform method
- Providing supplementary, creative circuit-bents of the original filter architecture
- Including multi-node circuit output for different filter response (4-pole, 3-pole, 2-pole, 1-pole)
- Experimental high-pass mode output
- Extended cutoff frequency range (from 20 Hz up to 20 kHz) and self-oscillation (also in 1-pole mode)
- Voltage regulator circuit (auto stabilizer safety switch) providing full filter stability also when using extreme settings for the nonlinear components, parameters modulation, device-level feedback and component-level feedback
- Analogue modeled transistor-based and tube-based saturation and overdrive circuits with separate load controls for pre-filter and post-filter stages
- Device-level feedback path with the possibility to delay the feedback signal (up to 10 ms)
- Separate modulation for cutoff, emphasis parameters and channel polarity inversion switch
- Featuring MOD-XG01 Multimode Modulator
- Accurate input signal detection (envelope follower) with sensitivity control (from 5 ms up to 2 sec)
- Multi-waveform LFO generator with separate frequency (from 0.05 Hz up to 300 Hz), tempo-sync and phase-reset controls
- Envelope generator with attack and decay time controls (from 1 ms up to 10 sec)
- Noise generator
- Featuring PRM-EM44 Embedded Preamp / Mixer
- Multi-mode input signal router with gain control (from -inf dB up to +6 dB)
- Final mixer section, with blend (dry / wet) and main volume (from -inf dB up to +6 dB) controls
- Including more than 20, multi-scenario factory presets
- Support for sample rates from 44.1 kHz up to 192 kHz
- Available in multi-size GUI resolutions
Microsoft © Windows (32-bit): VST (2.4), VST3
Microsoft © Windows (64-bit): VST (2.4), VST3
Apple © macOS (64-bit): VST (2.4)*, VST3*, and Audio Units
*About macOS compatibility:
Xhun Audio products are fully compatible with all Apple macOS operating systems up to macOS Mojave (version 10.14).